With our Analysis Export (learn more about this feature here), you are able to export ideas, voters and the user and account traits for those voters.
You can use the export to build your own report in Google Sheets. In this article, we will help you get started by walking you through the basics of getting a report set up in Google Sheets.
However, make sure you have someone on your team familiar with Google Sheets or Excel to help you adapt this to your organization's specific needs.
Export your Data
- Navigate to the idea grid by clicking the lightbulb in the left-hand menu.
- Click "All open ideas", choose your desired forum, or choose your desired saved view.
- Set the filters, if any, for which set of ideas you want to export. You can filter ideas by forum, category, status, label and customer activity.
- Click the cloud icon at the top right of the ideas grid.
- Choose "Export Current Dataset"
- Choose the option "Analysis Export
Make sure to limit the number of rows to be less than 5000, which should ensure a smooth experience on Google Sheets. You can do that by limiting the time frame of the export or the ideas included.
You will receive the export file via email. It will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't see it within 15 minutes, be sure to check any spam or email filters that could have caught the email.
Copy our Google Sheets Template
Make a copy of our read-only Google Sheets Template. You will need to be signed into Google Drive to copy the template.
Add your Exported Data
- Open your copied Google Sheets Template
- Open the tab labeled "Raw Data"
- Click "File" at the top -> Import
- Select "Upload"
- Select the CVS file you exported earlier
- Choose "Replace current sheet" and "Comma" before hitting import
Use the Tabs and Formulas in the Template to Analyze your Ideas
To help you get started building your report, we've built an Idea and NPS tab into the export.
- Ideas: This tab will show the ideas, and count of unique users and their accounts that have requested the idea.
- NPS Groups: If you're using our NPS Widget, this tab will show you that of the voters of the ideas, how many are Promoters, Detractors and Passives.
TIP: To further refine your report, we recommend using the...
- "Filter" option on the right to refine your results
- Order and Sort options
Q. I'm having trouble building the formulas I need.