Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
As You Get Started
- These steps will require a Salesforce administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process.
- The integration is not compatible with Salesforce Professional Edition, or Essentials.
- My Domain in Salesforce is required and must be activated.
- The integration requires an available Dynamic Dashboard. Deleted Dynamic Dashboards are moved to the recycle bin and will still consume Dynamic Dashboard allotments. You will need to remove them from the recycle bin also.
Setup the Integration
Get the Access token from UserVoice
- As a UserVoice admin, sign in to your UserVoice Admin Console (https://yourcompany.uservoice.com/admin).
- Click the icon in the bottom-left to open the Settings menu and select "Integrations."
- Select "Salesforce Feedback & Opportunity Sync."
- Click “Link account…”
- Enter the ID of the Salesforce organization you want to connect to and click "Generate" (ask your Salesforce admin if you do not know your Org ID).
- Copy the token that is generated and provide that and your UserVoice Domain to your Salesforce admin.
- Once your Salesforce admin has completed the final setup in SFDC, a “Connected” message will display next to your Org ID.
Install UserVoice Connector Package in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce organization as an administrator.
- Navigate to the package installation URL:
- Select “Install for All Users” and click “Install.”
Enter the UserVoice Access Token and Domain in Salesforce
1. In Salesforce, go to the "UserVoice Setup" tab. Click the App Launcher and choose "UserVoice Setup."
2. On the UserVoice configuration page, enter the Authorization token and the UserVoice domain e.g.
acme.uservoice.com. If you are using a custom domain, enter that URL instead.
3. Click "Save & Authenticate" to authorize UserVoice to view and manage data. At this point, the UserVoice domain and Salesforce instance should be properly connected. Please have your UserVoice Admin verify that a “Connected” message is displayed next to the Org ID on the Salesforce Integration Settings page in UserVoice.
Enable the Integration on Opportunities in Salesforce
- Go to any Opportunity in Salesforce
- Click the gear icon in the top-right
- Select "Edit the page"
- Find "UserVoice_Feedback" in the left-hand container under the "Custom - Managed" section, and drag it where you want in the page’s layout. (This component works best in a thinner section of the page.)
- Save and activate your new layout.
Enabling the Opportunities and Feedback Dashboard
- Go to your Dashboards tab
- Go to “All Folders”
- Click on the "UserVoice Feedback" folder created by the UserVoice Team
- Click on the "Opportunities and Feedback" Dashboard
Only Include Opportunities with Feedback (Optional)
You have the option to only display Opportunity data in the Ideas Grid when Feedback has been associated with an opportunity. Check this box to enable this. Checking the box will remove the total Opportunity count and total revenue associated to Opportunities from the UserVoice Discovery Ideas Grid. This feature has been deprecated as we no longer show the total opportunity count and total revenue in the New Idea Grid.