The cancellation process in this article is for customers paying via Credit Card. If you pay via Invoice, you will need to contact your Account Manager to cancel and delete your account.
Thank you for being a valuable customer of UserVoice! While we are sad to see you go, we have laid out the following steps to make cancellation as easy as possible.
Cancellation is a self-service process completed by an Admin with owner-level permissions via the Billing Portal. We will process this cancellation request automatically, and your account will be deactivated at the end of the billing period. See this article for how to access the Billing Portal.
To cancel your account:
- Click 'Settings', the cog icon in the bottom-left corner of the admin console.
- Click the 'General' tab.
- Scroll down and click Plan Subscription.
- Click Edit next to Manage billing settings. This will open up the Billing portal.
- Next to Plan Details, click Cancel.
After the account is deactivated, the web portal site has become deactivated for all users, and the admin console has limited access. If you want to keep any of your UserVoice data, you MUST export it and save it beforehand. UserVoice will permanently delete all data associated with your account after it has been deactivated for 60 days. This data cannot be recovered after this period.
Export All Data
- Click the settings cog icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click General.
- Find Export Data at the bottom of the page.
- Select your date range.
- Click Export.
Once exported, you will receive an email message containing links to download a spreadsheet of the data.
We recommend the following to ensure a smooth transition for you and your users.
- Update Links to your UserVoice site: If you have links pointing to your UserVoice site, we recommend removing those. Note: We cannot redirect your UserVoice site to another URL.
- Remove the Widget from your Website: You will want to remove the widget code from your website (you may need to pull in the team that manages your website). During deactivation, the widget will give an error, and then will stop loading once the account is deleted.
- Remove APIs: If you are using the UserVoice APIs, you will need to stop any services that use them. In addition, if you're using the Idea Collection API to collect ideas in a mobile app. You will need to remove that from your UI.
Q: Can I receive a prorated refund?
A: We do not provide refunds for accounts cancelled early. See ToS.
Q. Can I deactivate my account immediately?