Once you have integrated UserVoice with your Slack workspace, there are few things to learn and communicate with your team. Haven't integrated yet? Click here to learn more about integrating with Slack.
In this article, we will share
Why integrate with Slack?
Our Slack integration allows you to
- Create visibility of feedback captured from all UserVoice channels to promote discussion and action amongst your colleagues
- Allow team members to submit feedback directly into UserVoice
- As an Admin, quickly manage feedback as it streams in
- Search for and share ideas directly in Slack
Best practices for launching
Once you've integrated UserVoice to your Slack workspace, you'll want to make sure your colleagues know!
Tips for successful adoption
- Kick things off with an announcement message in your #team (or other appropriate channels) Here’s an example to get you started.
- @here Exciting news! We’re now making it easier for team members to view and submit product feedback from customers in Slack. Check out the #feedback channel to see feedback coming in, or click the horizontal ellipsis [...] to the right of any message in Slack and "Send to UserVoice" to submit new feedback. If you don't see, "Send to Uservoice", select "More Message Actions" and scroll down to find "Send to UserVoice". To learn more, check out this UserVoice article.
- Here's a helpful gif to show how to find "Send to UserVoice".
- Identify a few power users of Slack and UserVoice to set help set the pace and keep the team engaged.
Working with feedback in Slack
Manage feedback directly in Slack
As an admin, you can manage feedback directly in your Slack channel. Merge, Edit, Delete actions make it easy to manage feedback directly from Slack.
Use the horizontal ellipsis ... to:
- Add a vote
- Edit the idea
- Merge the idea
- Delete the idea
*Note - if you do not have access to perform these actions, you will not have these options. Contact your UserVoice instance owner to add these permissions.
Easily send feedback from Slack to UserVoice
Whether from public channels where customers are providing feedback directly or channels where internal teams are talking about customer feedback. Now, any feedback existing in Slack can easily be sent to UserVoice.
To add a Slack message to UserVoice as feedback
- Click the horizontal ellipsis ... to the right of any message in Slack for "More Actions"
- Select "Send to UserVoice"
- If you don't see this, select "More Message Actions" and scroll down to find "Send to UserVoice". (See gif in Best Practices for Launching)
- Next, in the “Customer’s Feedback”, edit the feedback if necessary and add in the Customer’s email address. Note that it’s important to use the correct customer email address as we attribute Feedback automatically to a particular Customer.
- Lastly, you have the option to link to an existing Idea. If you know Feedback has been submitted in the past, use this search to find and aggregate the Ideas.
When feedback is captured from a Slack channel and is not linked to a related idea, you can find it in the admin console of UserVoice.
To see this feedback:
- In the admin console (yourdomain.uservoice.com/admin), click on the lightbulb icon in the main navigation.
- Select Activity & moderation.
- Click "Needs idea".
- The list you see will be Feedback that is not linked to an idea.
- Click the link to the idea and search for the idea that best fits the feedback.
- Linking to an idea will add a vote from the user.
You can also link it directly from your Slack channel.
Search UserVoice Ideas directly from Slack
With the UserVoice Search Slack command (/uservoice-search) easily search for existing Ideas from your UserVoice. From there, you can easily share those ideas with team members by posting it to a Slack channel. This is a great way for you or your team members to spark conversation around a particular piece of feedback or get quick reactions from team members.
Note: Search will only work in the Slack channel in which you have integrated UserVoice. It will not work in other channels in your instance.