So you’re a new user to the UserVoice platform - welcome! Let’s first start to understand what your customers are saying about your product.
- To get a pulse on the feedback your customers are providing about your product, let’s leverage the Ideas Insight dashboard. This Just In!, Trending Votes and Most Chatty will help you get visibility on what’s new and popular. Learn more here.
Suggested Frequency: Weekly
Now that you understand what your customers are suggesting, start to incorporate UserVoice into your workflows:
- Idea prioritization and analysis
- Communicating with customers
- Informing internal teams
- Keeping your feedback database clean
Once you understand what your users are asking for it is time to start prioritizing what ideas will turn into new product features or enhancements.
- Start by reviewing the ideas that have the most impact based on votes, accounts, and revenue
- Use labels to further group those ideas into categories by team responsible, product area or target delivery cycle
- Dig into Idea details to better understand the problems your customers are presenting
Suggested Frequency: In alignment with your development cycle (or quarterly at a minimum)
Pro tip: It is helpful to get alignment on your company’s overall product strategy and any upcoming development themes so that you can focus on the ideas that support the selected theme(s).
Communicating with Customers
- If an Idea needs further refinement or validation, use 1-to-1 or 1-to-many emails to directly message customers
Notify customers using Public Status Updates to keep them in the loop on your progress.
Demonstrating that you are evaluating, developing, or completing items are great ways of keeping your customers engaged. It’s also important to let customers know that you’re not going to develop something and why it’s not a priority at the moment. Read more here.
Suggested Frequency: Monthly
Informing Internal Teams
- Use the Roadmap to organize groups of ideas that are being addressed in a feature or enhancement release.
- Additionally, share your Roadmap with internal team members to give them visibility into what is being worked on and what might be upcoming.
Suggested Frequency: Monthly
- Be sure to close and notify customers on ideas that you won’t be executing on (ie they’re too far off strategic vision)
- Use the Inactive Ideas report to archive the ideas that are no longer of interest or have fallen off
- Consider merging and updating ideas that are duplicate or appear to support other ideas.
Additionally, it’s helpful to create a new idea for ones that appear to be too broad or supporting different use cases. You can use Bulk actions on ideas to perform many actions at once.
- Use the Ideas with no status report to help keep up with ideas that you haven’t communicated about
- Configure notifications to help keep you informed based on your personal preference and keep an eye out for our Monthly Digest emails.
Suggested Frequency: Bi-Weekly
To help you take full advantage of all the latest and greatest from UserVoice, we’ve consolidated our recent releases into a single page. We’ll also alert you to big releases via our Newsletter and in-app notifications.