|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
So you’re a new admin to the UserVoice Discovery platform - Welcome!
This article will provide a general overview of the functionalities of UserVoice for new admins during their onboarding period. We have provided suggested frequencies of use for each functionality that will help you in your workflow.
Tip : We have linked several articles throughout for you to learn about each feature.
Let’s first start to learn what your customers are saying about your product. When you first log into the admin console, you will be greeted with the Idea Insights dashboard. Using the recent idea activity, "This just In!", "Trending ideas" and "Most chatty" will help you get quick visibility on what’s new and popular in the last 30 days.
View this article to learn more about the Idea's Insights dashboard.
Suggested Frequency: Weekly
After learning and reviewing what your customers are interested in, start to incorporate UserVoice into your workflows with our provided features. We will discuss these topics next.
- Idea prioritization and analysis
- Communicating with customers
- Informing internal teams
- Keeping your feedback database clean
Once you understand what your users are asking for, it is time to start prioritizing what ideas will turn into new product features or enhancements.
- Setup the Salesforce Connector for the most up to date information on your accounts, which also provides you with powerful insights into each of your ideas and accounts.
- Start by reviewing the ideas that have the most impact based on votes, accounts, and revenue.
- Use labels to further group those ideas into categories by team responsible, product area or target delivery cycle.
- Analyze feedback to better understand the problems your customers are presenting.
Suggested Frequency: In alignment with your development cycle (or quarterly at a minimum)
Pro tip: It is helpful to get alignment on your company’s overall product strategy and any upcoming development themes so that you can focus on the ideas that support the selected theme(s).
Communicating with Customers
- If an Idea needs further refinement or validation, use 1-to-1 or 1-to-many emails to directly message customers.
- Notify customers using Public Status Updates to keep them in the loop on your progress.
- Demonstrating that you are evaluating, developing, or completing items are great ways of keeping your customers engaged. It’s also important to let customers know that you’re not going to develop something and why it’s not a priority at the moment. Read more here.
Suggested Frequency: Monthly
Informing Internal Teams
- Update the Internal Status to notify other admins & contributors of the status of an idea, even before it becomes public to your users.
- Close the loop on ideas flagged as important by Contributors, by clearing the flag and informing the Contributor of the reason why.
- Use the Roadmap to organize groups of ideas that are being addressed in a feature or enhancement release.
- Additionally, share your Roadmap with internal team members to give them visibility into what is being worked on and what might be upcoming.
Suggested Frequency: Monthly
- Be sure to close and notify customers on ideas that you won’t be executing on.
- Use the Inactive Ideas report in the Ideas Insight dashboard to archive the ideas that are no longer of interest or have fallen off.
- Use the Ideas with no status report in the Ideas Insight dashboard to help keep up with ideas that you haven’t communicated about.
- Consider merging and updating ideas that are duplicate or appear to support other ideas.
- Additionally, it’s helpful to create a new idea for ones that appear to be too broad or supporting different use cases. You can use Bulk actions on ideas to perform many actions at once.
- Configure notifications to help keep you informed based on your personal preference and keep an eye out for our Monthly Digest emails.
Suggested Frequency: Bi-Weekly