Connecting your UserVoice account with Salesforce will equip you with powerful insights into each of your ideas and accounts.
In just a few easy steps, we will help you map your Salesforce fields into UserVoice so you can answer questions like “What are my highest paying customers asking for?” or “What are the top requested ideas from churned customers?”.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I connect a Sandbox Account to test first?
No, the Salesforce Connector for Account Insights does not work with Sandbox or Developer instances.
- How can I delete data from this sync?
Please open a support request using the orange link at the bottom right of this page if a deletion is necessary!
- Will this impact my Salesforce API request limits?
Depending on your limits and database size, it could, but it's unlikely. We've made efforts have been made to limit the API requests needed to sync over the data! If you have specific concerns, please open a support request using the orange button at the bottom right of this page!
- Do you plan to add other CRM Connectors to as sources for Account Insights?
Absolutely. Please share your feedback and connector requests on our feedback portal!
- If you already have an integration with Salesforce, the Salesforce Connector for Account Insights will not replace or interfere with that integration, it will provide an additional report and out of the box segments for account statuses.
- The data and reporting enabled by the Salesforce Connector will - at this time - not be available for use in the Ideas Grid or from an Idea Record, but will be exclusive to the Account Insights reports. This connector will be the basis for future account/user-based data enrichment.
- The data and reporting enabled by the Salesforce Connector will - at this time - not be available for use in the Accounts Grid.
- This connector will assign users to an account based on your Salesforce data. For any users that vote on an idea but we cannot find in Salesforce, we will attempt to associate them to an account in UserVoice based on their email subdomain.
This connector requires the following:
- UserVoice Admin
- Salesforce access with read-only (or higher) permission
- SFDC Spring 2014 (API version 30.0)
- Salesforce API access as determined by your plan
Connecting to Salesforce
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Salesforce Connector.
- Click “Connect” → Login to Salesforce → Allow UserVoice to access Salesforce.
- Once connected to Salesforce, you can configure your integration by clicking “Configure”.
- Following the steps in the setup form, select the field in Salesforce that represents each of your accounts’ status. This field will be used to determine how we map your account statuses to the UserVoice account statuses. For example, if you have a field in Salesforce with values denoting the stage or status of an account such as Inactive, Paying Customer, Trial, Prospect, etc. select this field.
- Note: We currently only support picklist, boolean, and calculated field types.
- Next, map each UserVoice account status to the corresponding Salesforce status. You can map multiple values to a single UserVoice status but cannot map the same value to different UserVoice statuses. UserVoice categorizes accounts as Active, Churned, Prospect, or Closed-Lost.
- Active - Active accounts are typically accounts that are paying customers and using your product. They have not churned and are not sales prospects.
- Churned - These are accounts that are no longer your customers.
- Prospect - Any potential, future customer.
- Closed-Lost - Prospects that did not become customers.
- Select a single field from Salesforce that represents an account’s revenue. This information will be used to help you view accounts in order of revenue value as well as ideas by the total revenue of supporting accounts.
- Note: We currently only support currency field types.
- Review your configuration and Complete your setup. It takes a few minutes for the sync to complete, but once synced, you will have access to Account Insights.
Check out this article on how to make the most of your Salesforce data once it’s synced with UserVoice.