Connecting your UserVoice account with Salesforce will equip you with powerful insights into each of your ideas and accounts.
In just a few easy steps, we will help you map your Salesforce fields into UserVoice so you can answer questions like “What are enterprise prospect accounts requesting?” or “What are the top 10 priorities among active SMB customers?”.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I connect a Sandbox Account to test first?
No, the Salesforce Connector for Account Insights does not work with Sandbox or Developer instances.
- Can I choose which Accounts/Contacts are synced from Salesforce?
Not at this time. Please add your vote and comment on the idea we have for this on our portal.
How can I delete data from this sync?
Please open a support request using the orange link at the bottom right of this page if a deletion is necessary!
Will this impact my Salesforce API request limits?
Depending on your limits and database size, it could, but it's unlikely. We've made efforts to limit the API requests needed to sync over the data! If you have specific concerns, please open a support request using the orange button at the bottom right of this page!
Do you plan to add other CRM Connectors to UserVoice as sources for Account Insights?
Absolutely. Please share your feedback and connector requests on our feedback portal!
- How often does the data sync?
Data will sync upon completion of configuration, and then nightly after that.
‼ If you are already sending traits to UserVoice, the Salesforce Connector data will only appear in the Account Insights area. To have this data appear in all other places, please contact us to move to the new data model -- this will override all old data as mentioned below. Click the 'Support' bubble in the lower-right corner to contact us.
‼ This connector will act as the single source of truth for account data. Other sources of User and account data (CSV imports, passing traits by Identifying in the widget, and User & Account trait API endpoints) will be disabled once the connector is set up.
This connector will assign users to an account based on your Salesforce data. For any users that vote on an idea but we cannot find in Salesforce, we will attempt to associate them to an account in UserVoice based on their email domain. If a domain, e.g.
@acme.com, is associated with more than one account in Salesforce, we will not be able to map the UserVoice users unless they exist as contacts in Salesforce.
You will see your Contact data populated in the Users tab. This is a representation of the user object and therefore, does not send out emails informing your end users that this object was created as it's only data, not a profile.
This connector requires the following:
Salesforce access with read-only (or higher) permission
SFDC Spring 2014 (API version 30.0)
Salesforce API access as determined by your plan
Connecting to Salesforce
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Salesforce Connector.
- Click “Connect” → Login to Salesforce → Allow UserVoice to access Salesforce.
- Once connected to Salesforce, you can configure your integration by clicking “Configure”.
- Following the steps in the setup form, select the field in Salesforce that represents each of your accounts’ status. This field will be used to determine how we map your account statuses to the UserVoice account statuses. For example, if you have a field in Salesforce with values denoting the stage or status of an account such as Inactive, Paying Customer, Trial, Prospect, etc. select this field.
- Note: We currently support standard picklist, boolean, and calculated field types. Custom/multi-select picklists are not supported.
- Next, map each UserVoice account status to the corresponding Salesforce status. You can map multiple values to a single UserVoice status but cannot map the same value to different UserVoice statuses. UserVoice categorizes accounts as Active, Churned, Prospect, or Closed-Lost.
- Active - Active accounts are typically accounts that are paying customers and using your product. They have not churned and are not sales prospects.
- Churned - These are accounts that are no longer your customers.
- Prospect - Any potential, future customer.
- Closed-Lost - Prospects that did not become customers.
- We have three out-of-the-box segments including Account Type, Market Segment, and Plan.
- Note: We currently support picklist, boolean, string and calculated field types.
- Similarly to Account Status, map the corresponding Salesforce values for each segment.
- Account Type - Type of account such as Customer, Partner, In-Target, Legacy Customer, etc.
- Market Segment - Market Segment might include SMB, mid-market, enterprise, etc.
- Plan - Plan denotes the payment plan or product your customers are using.
- Select a single field from Salesforce that represents an account’s revenue. This information will be used to help you view accounts in order of revenue value as well as ideas by the total revenue of supporting accounts.
- Note: We currently only support currency field types.
- Review your configuration and Complete your setup. It takes a few minutes for the sync to complete, but once synced, you will have access to Account Insights.
Check out this article on how to make the most of your Salesforce data once it’s synced with UserVoice.