This article will walk through how to set up the Salesforce Feedback and Opportunity Integration for Salesforce Lightning. Before getting started, be sure to check out this article for an overview of the integration and its functionality.
As You Get Started
- These steps will require a Salesforce administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process.
- The integration is not compatible with Salesforce Professional Edition, or Essentials.
- My Domain in Salesforce is required and must be activated.
- The integration requires an available Dynamic Dashboard. Deleted Dynamic Dashboards are moved to the recycle bin and will still consume Dynamic Dashboard allotments. You will need to remove them from the recycle bin also.
Setup the Integration
Get the Access token from UserVoice
- As a UserVoice admin, sign in to your UserVoice Admin Console (https://yourcompany.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom-left to open the Settings menu and select "Integrations
- Select "Salesforce Integration"
- Click “Link account…”
- Enter the ID of the Salesforce organization you want to connect to and click "Generate". (ask your Salesforce admin if you do not know your Org ID)
- Copy the token that is generated and provide that and your UserVoice Domain to your Salesforce admin.
- Once your Salesforce admin has completed the final setup in SFDC, a “Connected” message will display next to your Org ID.
Install UserVoice Connector Package in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce organization as an administrator.
- Navigate to the package installation URL:
- Select “Install for All Users” and click “Install.”
Enter the UserVoice Access Token and Domain in Salesforce
You will need to be signed into Salesforce as a System Administrator so that you can grant UserVoice access to view and manage data.
- In Salesforce, go to the "UserVoice Setup" tab. Click the App Launcher and choose "UserVoice Setup."
- On the UserVoice configuration page, enter the Authorization token and the UserVoice Domain (full URL, e.g. acme.uservoice.com, and if you are using a custom domain, enter that URL instead).
- Click "Save & Authenticate" to authorize UserVoice to view and manage data. At this point, the UserVoice domain and Salesforce instance should be properly connected. Please have your UserVoice Admin verify that a “Connected” message is displayed next to the Org ID on the Salesforce Integration Settings page in UserVoice.
Note: The “UserVoice Feedback” object is defined in Salesforce and populated from UserVoice. This is a one-way sync. It is important that users not make any modifications to these records in Salesforce since any changes will not be synced back to UserVoice.
Enable the Integration on Opportunities in Salesforce
Once you’ve installed the UserVoice Connector package in Salesforce, you can add a custom component, provided by the package, directly to your Opportunities page. This will allow users to capture customer feedback from Salesforce Opportunities as well as see what previous feedback has been captured.
- Go to any Opportunity in Salesforce
- Click the gear icon in the top-right
- Select "Edit the page"
- Find "UserVoice_Feedback" in the left-hand container under the "Custom - Managed" section, and drag it where you want in the page’s layout. (This component works best in a thinner section of the page.)
- Save and activate your new layout.
Enabling the Opportunities and Feedback DashboardWith this UserVoice package installed, you have access to a dashboard of prebuilt reports. To enable this dashboard:
- Go to your Dashboards tab
- Go to “All Folders”
- Click on the "UserVoice Feedback" folder created by the UserVoice Team
- Click on the "Opportunities and Feedback" Dashboard
Q: Can I set up this integration with Salesforce Classic?
A: Yes, you can! This article walks through how to do this.
Q: Can I use this integration with Salesforce Essentials or Professional?
A: Unfortunately, you have to be on Enterprise or Unlimited to use our integration. Want to see that change? Please, add your support to our idea for this.
Q: How do I give access to the UserVoice feedback object so my team can make reports?
A: The Salesforce admins will need to make the UserVoice Feedback object read-only for users who need to view these records or create reports from them.
Q: What happens if I un-authorize the Salesforce Org?A: Un-authorizing a Salesforce Org will not delete the data stored in UserVoice. If you reauthorize the same org or any other, the previous data will still be displayed and added to reports within UserVoice.
Q: What happens if I change the domain of my UserVoice account or switch to using a custom domain?
A: If you add a custom domain, remove a custom domain or change your custom domain you will need to update the UserVoice integration in Salesforce to use the latest custom domain for your UserVoice account.