As You Get Started
- These steps will require a Salesforce administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process.
- You will need to be on Salesforce Professional or Ultimate edition to use the integration.
- My Domain in Salesforce is required and must be activated.
- The integration requires an available Dynamic Dashboard. Deleted Dynamic Dashboards are moved to the recycle bin and will still consume Dynamic Dashboard allotments. You will need to remove them from the recycle bin also.
Setup the Integration
Get the Access token from UserVoice
- As a UserVoice admin, sign in to your UserVoice Admin Console (https://yourcompany.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom-left to open the Settings menu and select "Integrations
- Select "Salesforce Integration"
- Click “Link account…”
- Enter the ID of the Salesforce organization you want to connect to and click "Generate". (ask your Salesforce admin if you do not know your Org ID)
- Copy the token that is generated and provide that and your UserVoice Domain to your Salesforce admin.
- Once your Salesforce admin has completed the final setup in SFDC, a “Connected” message will display next to your Org ID.
Install UserVoice Connector package in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce organization as an administrator.
- Navigate to the package installation url:
- Select “Install for All Users” and click “Install.”
Enter the UserVoice Access Token and Domain in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, go to the "UserVoice Setup" tab. Click the "+" icon on the far right of the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- On the UserVoice configuration page, enter the Authorization token and the UserVoice domain, e.g.
acme.uservoice.com. If you are using a custom domain, then that URL instead.
- Click "Save & Authenticate" to authorize UserVoice to view and manage data. At this point, the UserVoice domain and Salesforce instance should be properly connected. Please have your UserVoice Admin verify that a “Connected” message is displayed next to the Org ID on the Salesforce Integration Settings page in UserVoice.
Note: The “UserVoice Feedback” object is defined in Salesforce and populated from UserVoice. This is a one-way sync. It is important that users not make any modifications to these records in Salesforce since any changes will not be synced back to UserVoice.
Enable the Integration on Opportunities in Salesforce
Once you’ve installed the UserVoice Connector package, you can add a custom component, provided by the package, directly to your Opportunities page. This will allow users to capture customer feedback from Salesforce opportunities and see previous feedback that has been captured.
- Go to the object you’d like to add the button to
- Click “Edit Layout”
- Go to "Buttons"
- Drag the “UserVoice Feedback” button to the Custom buttons area and save
Enabling the Opportunities and Feedback Dashboard
- Go to your Dashboards tab
- Go to “All Folders”
- Click on the "UserVoice Feedback" folder created by the UserVoice Team
- Click on the "Opportunities and Feedback" Dashboard
Common QuestionsQ: Can I set up this integration with Salesforce Lightning?
A: Yes, you can! This article walks through how to do this.
Q: Can I use this integration with Salesforce Essentials or Professional?
A: Unfortunately, you have to be on Enterprise or Unlimited to use our integration. Want to see that change? Please, add your vote to our idea for this.
Q: How do I give access to the UserVoice feedback object so my team can make reports?
A: The Salesforce admins will need to make the UserVoice Feedback object read-only for users who need to view these records or create reports from them.
Q: What happens if I un-authorize the Salesforce Org?
A: Un-authorizing the Salesforce Org, it will not delete the data stored in UserVoice. If you reauthorize the same org or any other, the previous data will still be displayed and added to reports within UserVoice.
Q: What happens if I change the domain of my UserVoice account or switch to using a custom domain?
A: If you add a custom domain, remove a custom domain or change your custom domain you will need to update the UserVoice integration in Salesforce to use the latest custom domain for your UserVoice account.