Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
Allow Users to Flag Inappropriate Content
You can enable users to help you moderate ideas and comments.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner and click General
- Click Ideas
- Scroll down to Allow users to flag inappropriate content
- Click Enable to turn on the feature
- Then, click Edit and you can edit the settings
Set the Conditions:
- Adaptive Response: The more supporters an idea has the more times it has to be flagged before the action is taken. This helps prevent one or two disgruntled people from flagging a popular idea.
- When X Number of Users Flag: This allows you to stipulate how many users must flag content before the action is taken.
For the actions, you can set it to remove the idea or comment from public view until an admin approves it, or you can opt to leave it published and simply notify admins of the flag.
Note: If a user flags an idea that an admin has responded to or already approved, no action will be taken. This is because the system sees the idea as approved since an admin has responded to it.
Managing Ideas and Comments held for Moderation
Your filters are all set. Now you just need to moderate the ideas and comments that have been flagged or held for moderation.
- Click Ideas & Feedback on the left nav and select All Activity.
- Click the Needs Review filter.
- Now you'll see a list of ideas and comments awaiting approval. You can Approve, Mark as Spam, or Delete
Q: How do I see ideas held for moderation for a single forum?