Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
We will go over the basic design options you'll have when setting up your UserVoice web portal. If you're looking for advanced design settings, you can find details here.
To get started:
- Click the settings icon/cog in the bottom left corner
- Click Web Portal
- You'll see Appearance and features at the top → Click Edit
Logo and Site Colors
The first option you'll see is the ability to upload a logo. It will be displayed at the top of your UserVoice site. For best results, keep the height under 100 pixels and the width up to 1200 pixels.
Next, you'll see the option to edit the site colors. You have two different colors you can set...
- Background: The color of the page backdrop and forum sidebar. Note: If you use white as your background, the text in the forum sidebar will not display as it is also white. You'll need to use custom CSS to change that text color.
- Primary: The color of the text for your site name and headers
White Labeling (Available only on Premium)
White Labeling removes all UserVoice branding from the widget, emails and front end of your UserVoice site. By default white labeling is turned off. Check this box to turn it on (your plan will need to include this option in order for you to be able to change it).
On our product management plans, you have the option to select the home page for your web portal. If a user goes to your UserVoice site (i.e. xxxx.uservoice.com) this is the page they will land on by default.
- Home Page: With this option when a user arrives on your UserVoice site, it shows them a list of your different forums and lets users click on the forum they want to view. If you use the Home Page option, you can also create a welcome message (see below).
- Redirect To [Forum]: With this option when a user arrives on your UserVoice site they land in the forum you specified, so it takes them directly to a forum.
You have the option to enable or disable specific sections of your UserVoice web portal. The sections available will depend on which plan you are on.
Product Management Sections:
- Feedback Forums: If you uncheck this option, the forums will be hidden from the navigation and landing page. Users will still be able to access them if they have a direct link.
You may want to add a welcome message to your UserVoice site.
- Click the Settings icon
- Click the Web Portal Tab
- Click "Site Text"
You'll have the option to edit your Site Title and Welcome Message. The Site Title will appear at the top left of your web portal. The Welcome Message will appear below the title and will greet all visitors to your site.
You Might Find Helpful: