Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
By default, your UserVoice site will use the URL
<subdomain>.uservoice.com as the URL, but you can customize this with a domain alias. This will allow your UserVoice site to use a URL like
Once a custom domain is configured for your account, it will become the home of your web portal. Any web requests for the original subdomain will then be redirected to the custom domain.
After successfully setting up your custom domain, you will need your site secured with a SSL Certificate (https). You are not able to provide your own Cert. One will be provided for you, if you meet the criteria. To obtain a Cert. contact Support by clicking 'Support', in the bottom-right corner of this article.
1. Update your DNS
Update your DNS to redirect your chosen aliased URL (e.g.
<subdomain>.uservoice.com using a CNAME record. This will need to be set up with your domain registrar.
An example of the CNAME that would need to be added:
feedback 14400 IN CNAME your-subdomain.uservoice.com
The important parts of this record are your subdomain, in our example
feedback, and your original UserVoice domain (
It can take up to 72 hours for your DNS changes to take effect.
2. Set your Domain Alias/CNAME in UserVoice
Once your DNS settings have been set...
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click the "Web Portal" tab
- Scroll down to "Domain Name."
- Click "Edit," and you'll see the option to enter your domain alias.
If you get an error that we are unable to resolve the DNS, check the following:
- Has it been 72 hours? It can take up to 72 hours for the DNS changes to take effect.
- Did you add it as a CNAME? A records will not work with our domain alias feature
- Still not working? Take a screenshot of how you have it set up with your domain registrar, and send it to us, and we'll take a look.
3. Secure your new Domain Alias with SSL (HTTPS)
Depending on your UserVoice plan, you may be eligible for SSL hosting. Please contact the support team to secure your site by clicking the 'support' bubble in the lower-right of this page.
Reminder: Leaving your site unsecured may create issues with internet browsers, such as Privacy errors.
Q: Can I set up an alias that is a path, like
A: No, not at this time. Please submit your feedback on our web portal.
Q: Can I have more than one domain alias for my account?
A: No, we are only able to support one domain alias for a UserVoice account.