Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
Allow Users to Report Inappropriate Content
You can enable users to help you moderate ideas and comments.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner and click General
- Click Ideas
- Scroll down to Allow users to report inappropriate content
- Click Enable to turn on the feature
- Then, click Edit and you can edit the settings
Set the Conditions:
- Adaptive Response: The more supporters an idea has the more times it has to be reported before the action is taken. This helps prevent one or two disgruntled people from reporting a popular idea.
- When X Number of Users Reported: This allows you to stipulate how many users must report content before the action is taken.
For the Actions, you can set it to remove the idea or comment from public view until an admin approves it, or you can opt to leave it published and simply notify admins of the report.
Note: If a user reports an idea that an admin has responded to or already approved, no action will be taken. This is because the system sees the idea as approved since an admin has responded.
Note: For a user to report an idea or comment as inappropriate, they must also click Confirm for submission.
Managing Ideas and Comments held for Moderation
Your filters are all set. Now you just need to moderate the ideas and comments that have been reported or held for moderation.
- Click Ideas & Feedback on the left nav and select All Activity.
- Click the Needs Review filter.
- Now you'll see a list of ideas and comments awaiting approval. You can Approve, Mark as Spam, or Delete
See more details on Moderation here.
Q: How do I see ideas held for moderation for a single forum?
Secondly, has an admin previously approved the idea or given it a status update or message? If so, the report will be ignored, since the idea is seen as approved already due to the admin taking action on it.