|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
This article will walk through how to set up the Azure DevOps Cloud Integration for UserVoice. Before getting started, be sure to check out this article for an overview of the integration and its functionality.
This integration only works with Azure DevOps cloud. Vote for this idea to request an integration for Azure DevOps Server.
It's recommended that you create a new Azure DevOps user profile to use when setting up this integration. From within UserVoice, the integration performs actions and has the same permissions as the user that configures the integration. Using a new profile will allow you to manage which projects that user has access to (by making that profile an Admin of the projects) without the need to edit a real user's permission set. This is the most scalable way to manage UserVoice's access to your DevOps environment. The profile must have a Visual Studio subscription, and cannot be a Stakeholder license.
Please note that these steps require an Azure DevOps Administrator and a UserVoice administrator to work together to complete the configuration process.
- Sign into your UserVoice admin console (https://yourcompany.uservoice.com/admin)
- Click the icon in the bottom-left corning to open "Settings"
- Select "Integrations"
- Click the "Azure DevOps" link at the very bottom of the page
- Click "Link Account…" (An Azure DevOps admin will need to complete the next step)
- Log into the Azure DevOps instance you’d like to connect to your subdomain (Azure DevOps admin access required)
- Click “Accept” to grant UserVoice access to read data from this Azure DevOps instance as well as write data to the instance
- Back in UserVoice, a UserVoice Admin will be able to tell that the setup was successful because Projects from the Azure DevOps instance will be displayed on the "Azure DevOps Integrations" page. You can select which projects and work item types you want to be able to create from UserVoice.
Q. I'm receiving a permissions error when attempting to load projects.
A. Update the permissions of the end user in Azure DevOps that created the integration link. UserVoice has the same permissions as the user that authorized the integration. Read this article to learn more about integration logs.