Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
Once you have integrated UserVoice with your Slack workspace, there are few things to learn and communicate with your team. Haven't integrated yet? Click here to learn more about integrating with Slack.
In this article, we will share
Why Integrate with Slack?
Our Slack integration allows you to
- Create visibility of feedback captured from all UserVoice channels to promote discussion and action amongst your colleagues
- Allow team members to submit feedback to an existing idea or create a new idea directly into UserVoice
- As an Admin, quickly manage feedback as it streams in
Best Practices for Launching
Once you've integrated UserVoice to your Slack workspace, you'll want to make sure your colleagues know!
Tips for successful adoption
- Kick things off with an announcement message in your #team (or other appropriate channels) Here’s an example to get you started.
- @here Exciting news! We’re now making it easier for team members to view and submit product feedback from customers in Slack. Check out the #feedback channel to see feedback coming in, or click the horizontal ellipsis [...] to the right of any message in Slack and "Send to UserVoice" to submit new feedback. If you don't see, "Send to Uservoice", select "More Message Actions" and scroll down to find "Send to UserVoice".
- Identify a few power users of Slack and UserVoice to set help set the pace and keep the team engaged.
Working with Ideas in Slack
Manage Ideas directly in Slack
As an admin, you can manage ideas directly in your Slack channel. Merge, Edit, Delete actions make it easy to manage ideas directly from Slack.
Use the horizontal ellipsis ... to:
- Add a vote
- Edit the idea
- Merge the idea
- Delete the idea
*Note - if you do not have access to perform these actions, you will not have these options. Contact your UserVoice instance owner to add these permissions.
Sending Feedback or New Ideas to UserVoice from Slack:
Whether from public where customers are providing feedback or private channels where internal teams are talking about customer feedback, easily send feedback or new ideas to UserVoice.
- On any Slack Message go to the “More Actions” menu.
- Find the “Send To UserVoice” shortcut.
- If you don’t see the “Send to UserVoice” shortcut click the “More Message Shortcuts” option.
- Search for “Send to UserVoice” and add it to your short-list of shortcuts.
- Create a new idea in UserVoice or link feedback to an existing idea by following the steps in the modal.
Adding Feedback to an Idea in UserVoice
Create a New Idea In UserVoice
If multiple UserVoice subdomains are authorized to sync with your workspace, be sure that the correct subdomain is chosen on the first step of the “Send to UserVoice” process.
When feedback is captured from a Slack channel and is not linked to a related idea, you can find it in the admin console of UserVoice.
To see this feedback:
- In the admin console (yourdomain.uservoice.com/admin), click on the lightbulb icon in the main navigation.
- Select Activity & moderation.
- Click "Needs idea".
- The list you see will be Feedback that is not linked to an idea.
- Click the link to the idea and search for the idea that best fits the feedback.
- Linking to an idea will add a vote from the user.
You can also link it directly from your Slack channel.
[LEGACY ONLY] Search UserVoice Ideas directly from Slack
With the UserVoice Search Slack command (/uservoice-search) easily search for existing Ideas from your UserVoice. From there, you can easily share those ideas with team members by posting it to a Slack channel. Search will only work in the Slack channel in which you have integrated UserVoice. It will not work in other channels in your instance.
Note: Search is only available in the legacy app version.