The Customer Traits Sync pulls User & Account traits (learn all about them) from your CRM into UserVoice, allowing you to create advanced customer segments within UserVoice. This service is brought to you in partnership with Tray.io.
- Dynamics (Cloud)
Before You Get Started
- We require credentials to be supplied that give us read-only API access to the Contact & Account object fields you would like included in the sync; or alternatively, you can authorize the sync on a call, via remote access and screen sharing, using your own credentials (your user profile must have API access). HubSpot and Pipedrive require Admin credentials.
- You will be required to fill out a field mapping table, informing UserVoice which fields from your external system you would like mapped to ones that exist in your UserVoice instance. This will be provided upon requesting the sync service.
- The Contact and Account syncs are exclusive of one another. A lookup is not performed to determine which Contacts or Accounts to sync; however, you have the option to supply us with conditions to determine which Contact and Account traits to sync. The fields that the conditions require must be accessible through the Contact and Account objects, individually.
- For Dynamics, the sync will be processed once a day by default (varying frequency is available by request). HubSpot and Pipedrive sync weekly (with lower frequencies available).
- The sync is in partnership with Tray.io, a cloud-based software integration platform for automators. See their security info here.
How to Get StartedLog into your UserVoice account, and go to Settings → Integrations → Traits Sync. You will see a list of the information we require and a link to contact our technical success team. If you do not see this option on your account, this service is not included in your current plan. If you’d like to upgrade, you can contact us. To get in contact, click the "Support" icon in the lower right of this page.
- External_ID: Required
- Email: Required
- Name: Only seen by admins, and does not update their UserVoice display name
- Created_At: Defaults to the first time you passed in the external user. This field is used to determine auto-prompts for NPS widget.
- IP: Defaults to the IP we have for the user, but you can pass your own. This is used to set a location for the user.
- Type: Could be admin, owner, developer, end-user, etc.
- External Account ID: Required to connect the external user to an external account.
- External_ID: Required to create an account. ID from your external system.
- Name: The name of the account.
- Status: UserVoice categorizes accounts as Active, Churned, Prospect, or Closed-Lost. You can map these values to the ones in your CRM/database.
- Plan Type: The payment plan or product your customers are using.
- Type: Type of account such as Customer, Partner, In-Target, Legacy Customer, etc.
- Market Segment: Market Segment might include SMB, mid-market, enterprise, etc.
- Revenue: Revenue (or the revenue type that is relevant to your business). If you pass revenue, we can then aggregate the revenue of accounts that have voted for an idea.
- Created_At: Defaults to when the account object was first created in our system.
Data AnalysisOnce you setup the sync to get your User and Account traits into UserVoice, you can use that data to do advanced analysis on ideas and features. You will be able to see top ideas for an account and ideas voted on by target customers.
- Analysis Export
- Accounts Page and How to Use It
- Sync Data to a Data Warehouse using Stitch
A: In the Users and Accounts table. Although you cannot see the raw data in the Voters grid, you are able to see an aggregated Revenue field, and segment on any of the fields being synched.
Q: My in data UserVoice does not match up with my CRM data. Who do I contact?
A: Click the "Support" icon in the lower right of this page to contact a Technical Success Engineer.
Q: I'm syncing data from another service. Will this override the data I already have?
A: No. Your new data will not override the data that you've already synced, unless the external IDs match (which should not be the case when connecting a new system).
Q: I don't want to sync all of my Contacts and Accounts. Can a subset of them be synced?
A: If your CRM is Dynamics, yes. This is not possible for HubSpot and Pipedrive.
Q: Why don't I see the option for this integration on my account?
A: It may not be included on your current plan. If you're unsure, please reach out to your Account Manager.