|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
Changing your subdomain is pretty straightforward, but you'll need to be prepared to make some updates after the switch.
Be Prepared to...
Update all your links. Links to your old subdomain will no longer work.
- Links on your website that point to xxxx.uservoice.com will need to be changed to the new subdomain.
- SSO/API code that might reference your old subdomain (this is only if you're using Single Sign-On or the API)
- Re-Install the Contributor Sidebar
- Your contributors will need to re-install the Contributor Sidebar after you've updated your subdomain.
Changing the Subdomain
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner → Choose "Web Portal" from the drop-down menu → Scroll down to "Domain name" → Click "Edit."
- You'll see "Hosted Subdomain" with your current one listed.
- Enter the new subdomain name, and click "Save Settings."
Then make the updates as outlined above, and you're all set. When checking to see if it as updated, make sure you are viewing a fully refreshed version of the page (i.e. you're not loading the page from your browser's cache).