Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
You have the option to replace the standard UserVoice end-user terms of service with your own.
To enable this feature:
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner
- Click “Web portal"
- Click ‘edit’ next to “Custom Terms of Service"
You can input your custom terms of service which will be displayed at yourdomain.uservoice.com/tos, or you may choose to provide a link if your terms of service are hosted on another site.
After you modify your terms of service, your users will be prompted to accept them when they sign into your web portal (they will only need to accept them once). They will not be able to sign in, vote on an idea, or create an idea without checking the box to signify that they agree to the terms. Your users will need to accept the terms each time you update them.
A few things to note:
- If you are using SSO to authenticate users, your users will not be prompted to agree to the terms of service.
- Your custom terms of service must be compatible with UserVoice's standard Terms of Service.
- Once added, your users will only see the custom TOS and not UserVoice TOS.
- Basic Textile formatting like links, bold and bullets are supported for custom ToS. More advanced formatting using HTML, like inserting an image or table may work but are not supported. Links <a href="..."> will work as expected.