Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
You are collecting ideas and user votes within UserVoice. How do you get your data out of your UserVoice account, and use it to make data-driven decisions?
Export Ideas and Voters
- Navigate to the idea grid by clicking the lightbulb in the left-hand menu.
- Click "All open ideas", choose your desired forum, or choose your desired saved view.
- Set the filters, if any, for which set of ideas you want to export. You can filter ideas by a date range, forum & category, status, label and/or inactivity.
- Click the export button, and choose "Export Current Dataset"
- Choose the option for the "Idea & Voters"
- The Export Settings menu provides several options for you to obtain the data you need for any particular export. You can see a video of this feature here.
- Regular Export (Ideas only) or the Analysis Export (Ideas & Voters)
- Date Filtering: N/A for the Ideas & Voters Export
- Select data fields that are relevant for your export
Examples of using the Export to make Data-Driven Decisions
See How Many Accounts Want an Idea
You must be using our Identify feature to pass Account Traits to use this part of the export. Learn more about this feature here.
- Challenge: While the number of individual voters is helpful, you need a bigger overview—How many accounts have requested this feature? Is it one account with 100 users, or is it 75 different accounts that need it?
- Solution: When you export Ideas and voters, users' Account Traits (like account name and ID) are included in the export. So you can use tools like Power BI, Google Sheets or Excel to determine how many and which accounts want the feature.
Rank Ideas by a Particular Market Segment
- Challenge: All support isn't created equal. You may need to segment voters by free vs. paid, user type, NPS or even location.
- Solution: You can filter and segment voters on ideas by User and Account Traits like MRR, Free vs. Paid, Plan or User Type (learn how to pass these to UserVoice), NPS (if you're using our NPS Widget), and location (UserVoice captures the user's IP if they use the widget or web portal).
You can also pass through custom data on your users, and even connect them to accounts. Learn more about our user and accounts feature here.
Segment Voters on an Idea
- Challenge: When evaluating voters for a single idea, you may need to only email voters who are on a particular account or a specific user type.
- Solution: If you are using our User and Account Trait feature, filter voters on an idea by account, type, MRR, etc. This can help you build an email list if you only want to contact Owners who voted for a particular idea or message all the voters on a specific account that want an idea.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- When building reports, do count voters by user ID. If a user is connected to multiple accounts, they will get a record for each account they are connected to in the export. User ID will let you count unique voters.
- When a user is connected to multiple accounts, we don't know which account they were representing when adding a vote to the idea. As a result, all accounts will be listed as supporters of the idea.