Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
This article will explain how Contributors are notified of status updates on ideas for which they have captured feedback. Contributors are team members who capture customer feedback using the Contributor Sidebar. If you're not familiar with this feature, check out our getting started guide here.
If you're capturing feedback from customers, you want to know when that feedback has been acted on so you can close the loop with the customer. For example... you've captured feedback on behalf of a prospect. When the product manager later updates the status of the idea to 'Released', you'll get a notification and you can follow up to let the prospect know.
How Contributor Notifications workWhen an idea is updated with a new public status, UserVoice automatically sends an email to the Contributors who captured feedback that is linked to that idea. Contributors and admins who use the Sidebar will have these notifications enabled by default.
When a Product Manager updates the public status of an idea they have the option to notify supporters (end users), but Contributors will always receive a notification regardless of this.
What's included in the email?The notification email will include the following information for each piece of feedback you have captured:
- The text of the feedback that you captured from the customer
- The page you were on when you captured the feedback
- The customer's name, email address, and account (account will only be included if your team is using our Accounts feature)
- If the user notified of the status update?
Reasons the customer would not have been notified of a status update:
- They were not subscribed to updates when the feedback was captured (this is an optional box on the form).
- They disabled status notifications in their settings.
- The admin making the status update chose not to notify supporters.
How to change your notification preferencesContributors and admins who use the sidebar will receive these notifications by default. You can disable these notifications in your profile settings and there are a few ways to get there:
- Click the menu icon (3 bars) at the top of the Sidebar -> Select "Settings"
- Admins & Contributors can adjust your notification preferences in the settings panel found on the Web Portal.
- The email notification itself will also contain a link to update your notification preferences at the bottom of the message.
Contributor Insights Email
Contributors can also sign up for a monthly insights email. This email showcases the top 3 most voted on ideas that have had a status updates in the last month, as well as, the top 3 ideas that you, the contributor, has captured that has had a status update in the last month.
To turn this on/off, you can find this in your web portal settings -> "Contributor Insights Email Subscription" -> Toggle Receive monthly email.
Common QuestionsQ. Why am I not receiving Contributor notification emails?
A. If you have not disabled these notifications (as outlined above), check your spam folder and any filters that could catch messages from UserVoice. You may also need to check with your IT team about other filters that could be blocking these emails.
Q. Can I send contributor notifications for past status updates?
A. No, there is not a way to send notifications for status updates that have already happened.
Q. Can I get notifications for comments on these ideas?
A. Not at this time.
Q. Can I customize the Contributor notifications that are sent?
A. There is not a way to change the content or appearance of the notification emails.
Q. Can I subscribe to notifications for specific ideas?
A. Unless you have provided feedback on a customer's behalf, or have voted on the idea as a voter yourself, then you cannot subscribe to receive notifications to a specific idea.