Not included in your plan? Want to learn more about the benefits? Leave us a message! If you're viewing this on our Help Center, click the Support bubble in the lower-right of this page.
When prioritizing your roadmap, you need a way to consider many criteria that are important to your business. With Scores, you can create formulas that use these criteria and generate a number (Score) for each feature. You can then use these Scores to compare features and identify top performers.
- Set up Custom Fields: Create numeric custom fields for rating features on criteria that are important to you; for example, Development Effort, Strategic Fit, Impact on Goal X. Learn more.
- Set up Segments: Optionally, create Segments to help you focus on your target customers. To learn how to set up Segments. Learn more.
- Link Suggestions: If you haven't already, link suggestions on your forum to the features you've created to your roadmap. Learn more.
Now that you have at least one of those setup, you can build a Score formula as simple or as complex as you would like - it depends on how you choose to prioritize your roadmap.
- Numeric custom fields
- Number of users on a suggestion (which are linked to features on your roadmap)
- User, Account and MRR segments
Creating a Formula
- Click the Roadmap icon (board icon) in the left-hand menu
- Click the gear icon on the far right
- Select the Scores tab
- Click "Create Score"
- Label: This is the name of your Score and will show as a column header on the Roadmap list.
- Formula: Use the formula builder to create a formula for your Score.
First, we'll add together 2 numeric Custom Fields which represent the estimated impact of a feature on 2 goals: 'reduce churn' and 'increase sales'. We'll then divide this sum by a Custom Field called "dev effort" which is our cost. The resulting Score will be a benefit/cost ratio.
(reduce churn + increase sales) / dev effort
Click "Save" to finish creating your Score. A Score column will be added to your list of features automatically and will be displayed by default for all admins on your account.
*Please note: complex Scores may take several minutes to be calculated. Refresh the page after 1-2 minutes if your score is not displayed immediately.
- RICE (user reach x total impact x confidence / effort)
- Total Impact (goal 1 impact + goal 2 impact +...)
Use Scores to Prioritize your Roadmap
Sort features by Score
After you have created a Score you will see it added as a column in your feature grid. You can sort the list of features by your Score column for quick analysis. Assign statues to the items you are planning to build, so they show to internal teams when viewing the Roadmap.
Q: Do the people I share the Roadmap with see scores?
A. Not at this time. Scores are shared between all admins on your account.
Q. Why is my Score column showing errors?
A. If your score column is showing errors, this means that the Score's formula is attempting to divide by zero or is referencing a missing value. The "missing value" or 0 may be in a custom field, user, account, or MRR field.