If you're attempting to change your admin email address and get the error "Email is taken", this means the email address you're trying to use belongs to an end user profile on your account. An email address can only be associated with a single user profile.
This could have happened if you signed in with this address before (perhaps by mistake) or were using this email address to test creating ideas, or voting on your UserVoice site.
How to fix: delete the end user profile that is currently using the email address:
- Go to the front end of your UserVoice site— i.e. xyz.uservoice.com
- Click "Sign in" in the top right corner
- Enter the email address you want to use (the one that is currently taken) and sign in
- Once you're logged in, click the "Settings" link under your username
- Scroll down and click "Delete profile"
- Log back into the Admin Console and you can now use the email address that was previously taken
Note! -- If you're transferring ownership of your account to a profile that has activity on your site, you may want to keep that activity connected to that email address. Deleting the profile will un-associate that user from the ideas and comments they've posted. If this is the case and you want to keep that association, check this article out on transferring ownership.