Your end users may request their profile in UserVoice be deleted or you need to do this when honoring their request to erase their data. We will walk you through the options.
How Users Can Delete their own Profile
- Have the user go to your UserVoice site (i.e. xxxx.uservoice.com)
- Click “Sign in” in the top right corner
- Once logged in, have them click “Settings” under their username
- Scroll down and they will see the option to “Delete my Profile”
- They will need to confirm, and then the profile will be deleted
How to Delete a User on their Behalf
- From the Admin Console: Click the "Users" icon in the left hand menu -> locate the user you want to delete and click to pull up their profile -> You will see the option to "Delete" in the top right corner.
- With the API: Use the following API endpoint to delete a user’s profile from your UserVoice site:
DELETE /api/v2/admin/users/id. Learn more about this API endpoint here.
What Happens when a User is Deleted?
- All the user’s personal data connected to their profile is deleted, including email address, username, IP etc...
- Any ideas with activity, tickets, or feedback they created will be attributed to a [deleted user].
- If the user has posted an idea and it has no activity or commented on an idea, the idea or comment will be permanently deleted.
- Personal information they entered in tickets, ideas or comments, will be scrubbed.
- Reply threads from email replies (via the "Email a User" and "Email All Users" features) will be anonymized and personal information will be removed.
- Any attachments added to ideas, tickets or comments will not be deleted.
A: No. When a user is deleted, all their information is removed from our system including email address, so they will no longer receive status updates or any type of email communication.
Q: Can I delete a user directly from the admin console?
A: Yes. See above, 'How to Delete a User on their Behalf'.
A: Users will still be able to sign in and delete their profile, and you will still be able to use the API endpoint for this action as well.