The NPS Widget asks users a simple question, "How likely would you be to recommend [company name] to a friend or colleague?"
The user can give a rating between 0-10.
- Users who give a rating between 1-6, are Detractors
- Users who give 7 or 8 as a rating are Passives
- Users who give 9 or 10 as a rating are Promoters
Step #1: Set your Date Range
The NPS Report will default to showing you the NPS for the last 30 days. However, you can see your NPS for a single day or for the last year. Click the date filter at the top to change the time frame.
Step #2: Evaluate your Overall MetricsThe Net Promoter Score is the percentage of Promoters minus the percentage of Detractors. So 44% Promotors - 26% Detractors = 18. It counts all ratings giving during the time period you set for the report. (One exception is if a user gives multiple ratings within the time period, only their latest rating will be used to calculate your overall NPS.)
- Ratings: The number of ratings received during the time period of the report
- Messages: The number of messages users submitted with their ratings. Users are prompted to tell you more about why they gave a rating.
Step #3: Making Sense of the DataFor each rating you receive, you will be able to see the following:
- User's Email and Username (if they have one in UserVoice)
- Rating Date
- Delta: The difference between the user's last rating and their current one
- User and Account Fields: The most current set of Standard User and Account Fields you passed for the user. Learn more about this feature here.
Step #4: Export your Data for Further ReviewNeed to do a deeper dive into the metrics? Click the "Export" button in the top right corner. The export will include the user's email, rating, message (if they gave one), delta, and the User and Account Fields you passed.
Get More Data on Users who Gave NPS ratingsYou can use the NPS Widget along with User and Account Fields to see additional data about the users who are submitting ratings. User and Account Fields in UserVoice allow you to pass in user information that is relevant to your business.
We have standard fields you can use out-of-the-box and you can also create your own custom fields, but only the standard fields will be included in the NPS report.
User Fields Included in NPS Report