Create and automatically send emails to users when they submit new ideas. Auto-response emails are a great way to keep users in the loop, and to let them know you have received their idea, showing that you value each user's voice. Each forum can have its own unique email response, or you can apply a single email template to multiple forums.
How To Set Up
- To begin a New Template, go your Settings menu, General --> Auto-reply Emails --> Click New Template.
- Customize one for each forum or have one for multiple forums - you can assign which template fits best for each forum.
- Write a subject line and an email body that best fits for your use case. We have auto-filled an example of what an email could look like. You can use our example and fill in your own verbiage, or create your own.
- Under advanced settings, select a reply-to address. All auto-reply emails will automatically be sent from your no-reply email address. If you'd like, you can change it to your admin email, or a custom email address.
- Send as a Test, Save as a Draft, or Save & Launch. Once a template is saved, you can choose to Publish or Un-publish the template by clicking the checkbox next to "Published".
Q: Will auto-reply emails only be sent if a new idea is created from the web portal?
A: Auto-reply emails are sent when a new idea is submitted from the portal, widget, end-user-api, contributor console, gainsight, sidebar, zendesk, slack, and android/ios. Emails are not sent when it comes from within the Admin console, or the API v2.
Q: What if I don't want to be sent these emails?
A: You can always unsubscribe from any email we send by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email, or deselecting "Ideas submission confirmation" in the settings panel on the Web portal.
Q: Will emails still be sent if I have moderation turned on?