Configuring DKIM in UserVoice
To set up DKIM in UserVoice, take the following steps:
- Navigate to General Settings > Email Communications.
- In the DKIM section, click “Configure”
- The default domain is uservoice.yourdomain.com. Since we enforce the use of a subdomain to avoid collision and overwriting of DNS records; you may enter a new subdomain on a domain you own for sending DKIM authorized emails.
Note: We highly recommend usage of a domain that is not already in use with a DKIM record published. For instance, if you already have DKIM configured in another platform as “example.yourdomain.com” we recommend using a different subdomain for configuration.
- Once your domain is submitted, a DKIM and SPF key is returned. Copy each key and value and enter them in your DNS provider.
- Once this information has been entered in your DNS provider, the domain will need to be verified. Click "Test Connection".
- Once verification has been secured, click done. Enter a default “from” email address that will be used when sending emails to your customers, such as new comment notifications, public status updates, etc.
Having issues with verification?
Verification issues typically depend on your domain's DMARC policies. However, ensure that your DMARC record specifically allows relaxed DKIM alignment rather than strict. If it specifies strict alignment, and sends from a custom address, all the messages will go to spam.