|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
You can use Google Analytics to track page views for your forums. It's super easy to set up, and you can have everything up and running in a manner of minutes. We'll walk you through the process.
Note: Only compatible with Universal Analytics.
- Log into your Google Analytics account or create a new account at https://googleanalytics.com
- Enter your UserVoice site's URL
- Copy the Tracking ID provided by Google Analytics
- Log in to the Admin Console of your UserVoice site
- Click the icon in the bottom left corner to access your Settings
- Click Integrations -> Google Analytics (click edit)
- Paste your Tracking ID into UserVoice.
How it Works
Once the integration is set up, Google Analytics will report on
- The number of users who visit a specific idea or forum on your UserVoice web portal. You can use this to understand overall visits on your web portal, drill into entrance paths or understand visits around a specific idea.
- Under Events, you will also be able to see the number of votes, ideas and comments created on the web portal (does not count feedback captured through the Contributor Sidebar, widget or Admin Console).
Q: I just set up the integration, and I'm not seeing anything in Google Analytics?
A: It can take up to 24 hours for Google Analytics to detect the tracking code on your UserVoice site.
Q: Does UserVoice integrate with Google Tag Manager?
A: Not at this time, but please, leave your feedback on our forum around this!
Q: Does the integration also count traffic in the UserVoice widget?
A: Google Analytics integration only counts traffic and events for your UserVoice site (web portal). Want us to add votes for the widget as well? Please, share your idea on our forum.