|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
Configuring FullStory Integration
Our FullStory integration links a user’s ideas and comments to their associated Fullstory session, allowing you to see what a user was doing before they left feedback. Read more about the capabilities here.
- To set up this integration, you will need a UserVoice Admin and a Fullstory Admin.
- We currently identify a UserVoice user’s session in Fullstory by matching their email address (you will need to be passing a user’s email field to FullStory). We do not support matching on their UID.
- Fullstory offers different data retention plans. UserVoice will store links to Fullstory user sessions but in the instance where a session date is beyond your Fullstory data retention plan, you may be redirected by Fullstory, e.g., if your Fullstory data retention only goes back six months, clicking a user’s Fullstory link in UserVoice on an idea created five years ago might lead you to be redirected to a different page in FullStory.
Step 1: Generate an API Key in FullStory
- In FullStory, navigate to Settings → API Keys
- Select “Create key” → Name your key → Create key
- Once connected, FullStory will prompt you to copy the API key which can only be viewed this one time.
Step 2: Enter Your FullStory API Key in UserVoice
- In UserVoice, navigate to Settings → Integrations → FullStory
- Select “Setup FullStory” → Enter your FullStory API key → Save
Note: Deleting your FullStory API Key will remove all FullStory session data from UserVoice.