Configuring your integration with FullStory
Our FullStory integration links a user’s ideas and comments to their associated Fullstory session, allowing you to see what a user was doing before they left feedback.
- To set up this integration, you will need a UserVoice Admin and a Fullstory Admin.
- We currently identify a UserVoice user’s session in Fullstory by matching their email address (you will need to be passing a user’s email field to FullStory). We do not support matching on their UID.
- Fullstory offers different data retention plans. UserVoice will store links to Fullstory user sessions but in the instance where a session date is beyond your Fullstory data retention plan, you may be redirected by Fullstory, e.g., if your Fullstory data retention only goes back six months, clicking a user’s Fullstory link in UserVoice on an idea created five years ago might lead you to be redirected to a different page in FullStory.
You will first need to generate an API key in FullStory
- In FullStory, navigate to Settings > API Keys
- Select “Create key” > Name your key > Create key
- Once connected, FullStory will prompt you to copy the API key which can only be viewed this one time.
Entering your FullStory API key in UserVoice
- In UserVoice, navigate to Settings > Integrations > FullStory
- Select “Setup FullStory” > Enter your FullStory API key > Save
Viewing FullStory sessions from UserVoice
Once you have connected FullStory with UserVoice, you will be able to quickly access FullStory user sessions that correspond to ideas and comments created by your customers. When a customer creates or comments on an idea, we will fetch the latest FullStory session associated with their email address, within the previous 24 hours.
FullStory session links will appear in several locations throughout UserVoice.
- Idea activity feed
- Account activity feed
- User activity feed
- Account Insights
We also surface the 4 most recent FullStory sessions on a user’s detail page, enabling you to quickly view their recent interactions within your product.
Note: Deleting your FullStory API Key will remove all FullStory session data from UserVoice.