|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
This guide will walk you through how to set up the various channels you can use to collect feedback from your users. We’ll explain how to set them up and when you would want to use each one. If you haven’t set up your web portal and forum yet, check out this guide and do that first.
Web Portal: standalone website for collecting and aggregating ideas
Idea Widget: collect feedback in your app
Sidebar: collect feedback via internal teams
NPS Widget: collect NPS ratings in your app
Web Portal: Standalone website for collecting and aggregating ideas
- Value Summary: Users can browse existing ideas and be exposed to multiple ideas at once. This allows you to aggregate user sentiment on each idea.
- Ways to Use: Include a “Feedback” link on your website or in your app. Send out an email to your users and ask them to submit their ideas on your web portal.
- Setup Summary: In your UserVoice admin console, go to Settings, then choose the “Web Portal” tab to view the options for your site. You can access your web portal at https://yoursite.uservoice.com.
UserVoice Setup Guide
Setting up your UserVoice Site
Idea Widget: Collect ideas from within your app
In-app idea collection is effective because users do not have to leave your app to submit their ideas. This allows you to maintain a seamless, on-brand user experience. It’s designed to be frictionless and users can share feedback while it is fresh on their mind.
Post Idea Widget
- Value Summary: A quick and easy way for users to submit ideas without leaving your app.
- Ways to Use: Have users submit ideas to a forum from within your app or website.
- Setup Summary: To implement the Post Idea widget, you will need to add the widget code to your website. You can get the widget code from the UserVoice admin console in Settings -> Widgets.
Set up the Post Idea Widget
Developer documentation: Widget Options
Sidebar: Collect feedback via internal teams
Salesforce Feedback & Opportunity Integration
- Value Summary: Identify product gaps, win more deals, unblock sales opportunities, and flag ideas as important.
- Ways to Use: Have your sales team capture feedback from prospects and customers.
- Setup Summary: Each team member working in Salesforce will need a Contributor License to view and capture feedback with this integration (users who are full access admins in UserVoice do not need a separate Contributor license). The UserVoice admin and Salesforce admin will work together to configure the integration in both systems.
Salesforce Feedback and Opportunity Integration Overview
Contributor Sidebar Bookmarklet
- Value Summary: Customer-facing teams can quickly capture feedback within their browser. Contributor notifications let team members close the loop with customers when their feedback is acted on. Product managers can track the amount of feedback coming in from each team. Contributors can flag ideas as important.
- Ways to Use: Teams like Support, Success, and Sales can install the Sidebar and start capturing the feedback they hear from customers. If your support team uses Zendesk, we also have a Zendesk integration that offers the sidebar functionality.
- Setup Summary: Each team member will need a Contributor License to view and capture feedback with this integration (users who are full access admins in UserVoice do not need a separate Contributor license). Team members can install the bookmarklet from a link found in your UserVoice settings.
Getting Started with the Contributor Sidebar
Installing the Contributor Sidebar
Zendesk Integration for the Contributor Sidebar
NPS Widget: Collect NPS ratings in your app
- Value Summary: Collect Net Promoter Score ratings to evaluate your overall customer sentiment. Use NPS as a part of your feedback system to help you see the full picture.
- Ways to Use: Auto-prompt users for an NPS rating every 60 days. Measure ratings from target customers and track changes over time. See why users submitted low ratings and act on that feedback.
- Setup Summary: To implement the NPS Widget, you will need to add the widget code to your website. You can get the widget code from the UserVoice admin console in Settings -> Widgets.
Set up the NPS Widget
User Satisfaction Report