|UserVoice Discovery||UserVoice Validation|
As an admin, you clicked a link to view a idea, and when you do, you get a 404. What's happened to the idea?
Idea was Deleted by the Creator
End users can permanently ideas they created when they:
- Delete their end user profile, which also delete any ideas they created that have no activity on them.
- Delete the idea themselves, which they can do if it has no user activity.
Q:Why did I get a notification about the idea if the user deleted it?
A: The user deleted it after the notification was generated.
- The Wrong URL: If you copied and pasted the URL from somewhere or someone shared it with you, it's possible there's a typo in the URL. If you're unsure, we recommend searching by title for the idea in all open ideas.
- Forum Was Deleted: If an admin deletes a forum, all ideas in that forum are permanently deleted, so any URLS to those ideas will no longer work. Double check to ensure the forum is live.
- Idea was Deleted via the API: If you or your engineers have an integration that allows you to delete ideas via the API, it may have been deleted through the integration. Ideas deleted via the API are permanently deleted.
Q: What happens if I delete an idea in the admin console?
A: It's soft deleted, and can still be accessed with the filter